Laser Engraving and Cutting
Lasers are widely used for marking, engraving, embellishing and cutting many materials, from plastic to metal, to ceramic, to organic materials, etc.
The different laser sources (Fiber, YAG, CO2, Green) allows us to meet our identification, traceability, personalization and signage needs.
What is the laser process?
The laser source generates a powerful and precise beam of light able to heat and evaporate the material at its focus point.
· Contactless, laser technology overcomes the hardness of the parts and allows a very fine mark at high speed. The work is clean and indelible.
· Flexible, it is suitable for all needs and types of production, from aesthetic engraving to engraving at the highest industrial rate.
· Economic and environmentally-friendly, it doesn't use solvents, ink or any other chemical product for cutting and engraving operations.
· Easy to automate, laser processes save time, energy and material compared with traditional processes.
The laser machine is a great tool for improving your productivity, your brand image and offers infinite creativity.
* Deinition: English acronym "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation". By extension: device emitting a very powerful beam based on the laser effect.
The marking outcome depends principally on the laser wavelength selected and the interaction time (pulse time) between the beam and the material.
We will work with you to find the best laser technology for your application and recommend the most cost effective solution.
Rotary engraving is a machining process using various sized and shaped rotating cutting tools to get your desired marking result.
You all have seen items engraved with rotary engravers and probably the oldest and most well known is the engraving done by jewelers on rings. The deep cut into a steel object leaving a jeweled appearance is only made by a rotary engraver. For heirloom gifts to highly sophisticated industrial milling applications into stainless steel a rotary engraver is the system you want.
· Long-lasting and tamper-proof marking of various media and parts made of different materials
· A flexible technique: particularly suited to marking various texts, shapes and logos including variable numbering and data
· A contrasted technique: the application of colored lacquer on the engraved parts or the appearance of the color of the second layer (different or tone-on-tone) in the case of bi-layer materials for optimal readability and aesthetics and added value.
Jewelry, funeral, signage, awards and trophies, souvenirs, high-tech products and advertising items, are some of the applications for rotary engraving.
The applications are numerous but there is a cost effective solution to suit each of those areas.
Rotary engravers work on almost any type of metal material like brass, anodized aluminum, stainless steel, coated metals and more.
They can also be used to permanently engrave plastics: acrylic, plexiglas and ABS, in addition to wood, glass, leather, paper and cardboard etc.
Technifor a part of the GRAVOTECH family is the inventor of dot peen marking. Today the brand boasts 30 years of experience in this area making it the leading global manufacturer of dot peen machines.
What is dot peen technology?
The principle is based on the creation of depressions in the material using a percussion impacting tool.
This creates a series of impacts directly on the material leaving a permanent marking.
During dot peen marking, the material is pushed back and not burned, milled or more generally transformed like it is in other marking technologies. No shavings are produced meaning that the parts weigh exactly the same after marking.
This also means that dot peen creates no breakage points in the material, regardless of the thickness of the part being marked.
The Technifor brand uses 2 dot peen technologies:
This means it it suitable for all applications: from deep and fast marking on raw material to marking very precise Datamatrix codes on small machined surfaces.
The benefits of dot peen:
· Economical: very low acquisition cost and reduced cost of use due to no comsumables being required (unlike punch, roller, electrochemical or bubble jet marking)
· Multipurpose: marking on all types of shapes and surfaces thanks to the 3D stylus and on materials with hardness up to 62HRC
· Easy to use: You can see exactly what you are marking on the screen.
· Productivity: marking speed twice as fast as other dot peen marking machines on the market (pneumatic technology) for an equivalent marking quality
· Efficient: the marking is fast and clear
· No need for a computer to create the files or control the machine.
Our solutions are based on 3 types of systems covering all your industrial marking needs. They include an Integrated system, a workbench system and a innovative portable system.
Whether your parts are made of brass, steel or titanium, Gravotech's dot peen machines can mark all types of steel as well as plastics: ABS, PA, PA66, PBT, etc.
We have all the accessories you need to produce a very professional job each and every time.
So what are some of the accessories available and what are there purpose?
To list just a few generic accessories every engraving shop needs we can start with Bevelers. The one pictured is the B4 beveler we also have the B6 beveler which is a more heavy duty beveler.
The beveler bevels the edge of the plates giving it a very professional and finished edge. Might be a little old school but is still demanded by customers.
Most engraving operations have a material saw for cutting engraving materials. Full sheets of engraving material cost less per sq. inch than any other size so it can make sense to cut your materials in house with a material safety saw.
These saws come in several sizes.
We also carry material shears that cut plastic and metals.
These shears typically are capable of cutting material up to 12".
There are many accessories for the various types of engraving systems for example Rotary machine accessories are usually machine specific. Some of these are Chip Collectors that are basically a vacuum system that keeps the work area clean and eliminates the issue of dragging discarded chips across the work area producing scratches on the material. There are various hold down hardware and what is called a sticky mat to hold material in place for engraving without clamps which makes the process much easier.
There are several spindle accessories and many cutting tool options as well. The is also a Cylindrical attachment for engraving 360 degrees around wine bottles and glasses and many other cylindrical shaped objects.
Laser engraver accessories include various types of filtered exhaust units which are required specifically for laser engraving. Also specific to laser engravers is a stainless steel honeycomb cutting table. An onboard Air compressor for an air assist option and like a rotary accessory the laser can also use the Cylindrical attachment.
Both the Laser and Rotary engravers can increase there capabilities as well as there productivity with upgraded software.